1) around twenty-five of the ninety-two natural aspects are well-known to be important to life. Which 4 of this twenty-five elements make up around 96 percent of life matter?
A) carbon, sodium, hydrogen, nitrogen
B) carbon, oxygen, phosphorus, hydrogen
C) oxygen, hydrogen, calcium, nitrogen
D) carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen
2) Trace aspects are those forced by an biology in only minute quantities. I m sorry of the complying with is a trace facet that is forced by humans and other vertebrates, but not by various other organisms such together bacteria or plants?
3) which of the complying with statements is FALSE?
A) Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen room the many abundant elements of living matter.
You are watching: Which bond or interaction would be difficult to disrupt when compounds are put into water?
B) some naturally arising elements are toxic come organisms.
C) every life requires the same crucial elements.
D) stole is needed by all humans.
4) i m sorry of the complying with are compounds?A) H2O, O2, and CH4 B) H2O and also O2 C) O2and CH4 D) H2O and also CH4, however not O2
5) discovering the atomic mass of one element allows inferences about which the the following?
A) the number of electrons in the element
B) the variety of protons in the element
C) the number of protons plus neutrons in the element
D) the number of protons plus electrons in the element
6) In what way are aspects in the same column of the periodic table the same? They have actually the same variety of _____.
B) electrons when neutral
C) electrons in their valence shells once neutral
D) electron shells once neutral
7) Molybdenum has an atomic variety of 42. Several usual isotopes exist, with mass numbers from 92-100. Therefore, i m sorry of the complying with can it is in true?
A) Molybdenum atoms deserve to have between 50 and 58 neutrons.
B) Molybdenum atoms deserve to have between 50 and also 58 protons.
C) Molybdenum atoms have the right to have in between 50 and also 58 electrons.
D) isotopes of molybdenum have different numbers the electrons.
8) Carbon-12 is the most typical isotope the carbon and has a mass variety of 12. However, the typical atomic mass of carbon discovered on a routine table is slightly more than 12 daltons. Why?
A) The atom mass walk not include the mass of electrons.
B) some carbon atoms in nature have an extra proton.
C) part carbon atom in nature have much more neutrons.
D) part carbon atoms in nature have a different valence electron distribution.
9) i beg your pardon of the following best describes the relationship in between the atoms explained below?
Atom 1 atom 2
1 1 H 3 1H
A) They space isomers.
B) They are isotopes.
C) they contain 1 and 3 protons, respectively.
D) They each contain just 1 neutron.
10) The atomic variety of nitrogen is 7. Nitrogen-15 has actually a higher mass number 보다 nitrogen-14 since the atomic nucleus that nitrogen-15 includes _____.
A) 7 neutrons
B) 8 neutrons
C) 8 protons
D) 15 protons
11) native its atomic number of 15, that is feasible to predict the the phosphorus atom has _____.
A) 5 neutrons, 5 protons, and 5 electrons
B) 15 neutrons and also 15 protons
C) 8 electron in that outermost electron shell
D) 15 protons and also 15 electrons
12) Fluorine has actually an atomic variety of 9. Which of the following would you execute to a neutral fluorine atom to complete its valence shell?
A) add 1 electron
B) add 2 electrons
C) eliminate 1 electron
D) Nothing. If fluorine is neutral, it has actually a complete valance shell.
13) Magnesium has actually an atomic number of 12. What is the most stable fee for a magnesium ion?
A) a +1 charge
B) a +2 charge
C) a -1 charge
D) a -2 charge
14) describe the figure over (first three rows of the routine table). What facet has properties most similar to carbon?
15) How plenty of neutrons are present in the cell core of a phosphorus-32 (32P) atom (see the figure above)?A) 15 B) 16 C) 17 D) 32
16) How countless electrons will a solitary atom the sulfur v no charge and also no bonds have actually in that is valence covering (see the number above)?
17) based upon electron configuration, i m sorry of the elements in the figure over would exhibition a chemical actions most like that the oxygen?
18) Which one of the atoms presented would it is in most likely to type a cation with a fee of +1?
19) Which one of the atoms presented would it is in most most likely to type a cation with a charge of -1?
20) Oxygen has an atomic variety of 8 and also most commonly, a mass number of 16. Thus, what is the atomic mass of one oxygen atom?
A) about 8 grams
B) about 8 daltons
C) about 16 grams
D) about 16 daltons
21) If you change the number of neutrons in one atom, you create _____.
A) a cation
B) an anion
C) an isotope
D) a different element
22) deserve to the atomic mass of an element vary?
A) No, it is fixed. If it transforms at all then you have developed a different element.
B) Yes. Including or shedding electrons will certainly substantially readjust the atom mass.
C) Yes. Adding or losing protons will adjust the atomic mass without developing a different element.
D) Yes. Including or losing neutrons will readjust the atomic mass without forming a different element.
23) which of the following is the ideal description of an atom"s physics structure?
A) one atom is a solid fixed of material.
B) The particles that type an atom room equidistant from every other.
C) atom are small bubbles of space with mass focused at the center of the bubble.
D) atoms are little bubbles of room with mass concentrated on the exterior surface that the bubble.
24) A salamander counts on hydrogen bonding to stick to miscellaneous surfaces. Therefore, a salamander would have actually the greatest challenge clinging to a _____.
A) slightly damp surface
B) surface ar of hydrocarbons
C) surface ar of mainly carbon-oxygen bonds
D) surface ar of mainly carbon-nitrogen bonds
25) A covalent chemistry bond is one in i beg your pardon _____.
A) electrons are removed from one atom and also transferred to another atom so that the 2 atoms come to be oppositely charged
B) protons and also neutrons are shared by 2 atoms so regarding satisfy the needs of both atoms
C) outer-shell electrons of two atoms are mutual so regarding satisfactorily fill their respective orbitals
D) outer-shell electron of one atom room transferred to fill the within electron covering of an additional atom
26) What is the maximum number of covalent bonds that an oxygen atom through atomic number 8 can make with hydrogen?
27) Nitrogen (N) is more electronegative 보다 hydrogen (H). I m sorry of the following is a correct statement around the atom in ammonia (NH3)?
A) every hydrogen atom has actually a partial hopeful charge; the nitrogen atom has a partial negative charge.
B) Ammonia has actually an as whole positive charge.
C) Ammonia has an overall an unfavorable charge.
D) The nitrogen atom has actually a partial optimistic charge; every hydrogen atom has a partial negative charge.
28) Bonds in between two atoms that room equally electronegative space _____.
A) hydrogen bonds
B) polar covalent bonds
C) nonpolar covalent bonds
D) ionic bonds
29) What outcomes from an unequal sharing of electrons between atoms?
A) a nonpolar covalent bond
B) a polar covalent bond
C) an ionic bond
D) a hydrophobic interaction
30) A covalent bond is most likely to it is in polar as soon as _____.
A) among the atoms sharing electron is an ext electronegative 보다 the various other atom
B) the two atoms share electrons are equally electronegative
C) carbon is just one of the 2 atoms share electrons
D) the 2 atoms share electrons are the very same elements
31) What is the difference in between covalent bonds and ionic bonds?
A) Covalent bond involve the sharing of bag of electrons between atoms; ionic bonds involve the sharing of single electrons between atoms.
B) Covalent bond involve the share of electrons between atoms; ionic bond involve the electric attraction in between charged atoms.
C) Covalent bond involve the sharing of electrons between atoms; ionic bond involve the sharing of protons in between charged atoms.
D) Covalent bonds involve the transfer of electrons between charged atoms; ionic bonds involve the sharing of electrons in between atoms.
32) The atomic variety of chlorine is 17. The atomic number of magnesium is 12. What is the formula because that magnesium chloride?
33) How plenty of electron pairs space shared in between carbon atom in a molecule that has the formula C2H4?
34) Which bond or communication would be challenging to disrupt as soon as compounds space put into water?
A) covalent bonds between carbon atoms
B) hydrogen bonds
C) ionic bonds
D) ionic and also hydrogen bonds
35) Water molecules room attracted come one another by _____.
A) nonpolar covalent bonds
B) ionic bonds
C) hydrogen bonds
D) hydrophobic interactions
36) van der Waals interaction may an outcome when _____.
A) electrons space not symmetrically distributed in a molecule
B) molecules held by ionic binding react v water
C) 2 polar covalent bonds react
D) a hydrogen atom loser an electron
37) What is the maximum number of hydrogen atom that have the right to be covalently external inspection in a molecule containing two carbon atoms?
38) What outcomes from the chemistry reaction illustrated above? The reactants have no charge.
A) a cation v a net fee of +1 and an anion with a net charge of +1
B) a cation v a net fee of -1 and an anion through a net charge of -1
C) a cation through a net charge of -1 and an anion v a net charge of +1
D) a cation v a net fee of +1 and an anion with a net fee of -1
39) What is the atomic variety of the cation formed in the reaction depicted above?
40) What reasons the form of the molecule presented above?
A) the form of the 2 p orbitals in the carbon atom
B) the shape of the 1 s orbital in the carbon atom
C) the form of the sp3hybrid orbitals that the electron shared in between the carbon and also hydrogen atoms
D) hydrogen bonding configurations in between the carbon and also hydrogen atoms
41) How many electrons are affiliated in a single covalent bond?
42) How numerous electrons are associated in a double covalent bond?
43) If one atom has actually a charge of +1, i m sorry of the following must it is in true?
A) It has actually two an ext protons 보다 neutrons.
B) It has actually the same number of protons as electrons.
C) It has one an ext electron 보다 it go protons.
D) It has one an ext proton 보다 it does electrons.
44) aspects found top top the left next of the routine table contain outer shells that room _____; these elements tend to kind _____ in solution.
A) practically empty; cations
B) almost empty; anions
C) practically full; cations
D) nearly full; anions
45) one atom has 4 electrons in that is valence shell. What varieties of covalent bonds is it qualified of forming?
A) single, double, or triple
B) single and dual only
C) single bonds only
D) double bonds only
46) when are atoms many stable?
A) once they have the fewest possible valence electrons
B) when they have actually the maximum variety of unpaired electrons
C) when every one of the electron orbitals in the valence covering are filled
D) as soon as all electrons space paired
47) once the atoms affiliated in a covalent bond have the same electronegativity, what kind of shortcut results?
A) an ionic bond
B) a hydrogen bond
C) a nonpolar covalent bond
D) a polar covalent bond
48) Nitrogen (N) normally forms three covalent bonds v a valence that 5. However, ammonium has 4 covalent bonds, every to a different hydrogen (H) atom (H has actually a valence that 1). What execute you guess to it is in the charge on ammonium?
49) You should write down information about a molecule, yet need to show only the form and number of atoms that contains. Which representation would work-related best?
A) molecule formula
B) structure formula
C) ball-and-stick model
D) space-filling model
50) You should represent a molecule to best illustrate the relative sizes that the atoms involved and also their interrelationships. Which depiction would work-related best?
A) molecular formula
B) structure formula
C) ball-and-stick model
D) space-filling model
51) which of the following is true because that this reaction?
3 H₂ + N₂ ↔ 2 NH₃
A) The reaction is nonreversible
B)Hydrogen and nitrogen space the reactants of the turning back reaction.
C) Ammonia is gift formed and also decomposed simultaneously.
D) just the forward or reverse reactions can take place at one time.
52) which of the following correctly defines all chemistry equilibrium?
A) Forward and reverse reactions proceed with no net impact on the concentration of the reactants and also products.
B) concentration of commodities are higher than the concentration of the reactants.
C) There are equal concentrations of products and reactants if forward and also reverse reactions continue.
D) There are equal concentration of reactants and also products, and also the reactions have stopped
53) i m sorry of the complying with correctly describes a reaction that has reached chemical equilibrium?
A) The rate of the forward reaction is equal to the price of the turning back reaction.
B) every one of the reactants have been converted to the commodities of the reaction.
C) every one of the products have to be converted to the reaction of the reaction.
See more: Den To Dtw (Denver To Detroit) Flights From Den To Dtw ) From $20
D) Both the forward and also the turning back reactions have actually stopped, through no net result on the concentration of the reactants and also the products.