1) About twenty-five of the ninety-2 natural facets are well-known to be vital to life. Which four of these twenty-five elements consist of roughly 96 percent of living matter?
A) carbon, sodium, hydrogen, nitrogen
B) carbon, oxygen, phosphorus, hydrogen
C) oxygen, hydrogen, calcium, nitrogen
D) carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen
2) Trace elements are those compelled by an organism in just minute quantities. Which of the following is a trace aspect that is compelled by people and various other vertebprices, however not by various other organisms such as bacteria or plants?
3) Which of the complying with statements is FALSE?
A) Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and also nitrogen are the a lot of plentiful elements of living matter.
You are watching: Which bond or interaction would be difficult to disrupt when compounds are put into water?
B) Some naturally arising elements are toxic to organisms.
C) All life requires the exact same important facets.
D) Iron is needed by all humans.
4) Which of the following are compounds?A) H2O, O2, and also CH4 B) H2O and also O2 C) O2and also CH4 D) H2O and also CH4, but not O2
5) Knowing the atomic mass of an element allows inferences around which of the following?
A) the number of electrons in the element
B) the variety of prolots in the element
C) the number of proloads plus neutrons in the element
D) the number of proloads plus electrons in the element
6) In what method are elements in the exact same column of the periodic table the same? They have actually the very same number of _____.
B) electrons as soon as neutral
C) electrons in their valence shells when neutral
D) electron shells when neutral
7) Molybdenum has actually an atomic variety of 42. Several common isotopes exist, with mass numbers from 92-100. Because of this, which of the complying with deserve to be true?
A) Molybdenum atoms have the right to have in between 50 and 58 neutrons.
B) Molybdenum atoms deserve to have between 50 and 58 prolots.
C) Molybdenum atoms can have between 50 and also 58 electrons.
D) Isotopes of molybdenum have actually different numbers of electrons.
8) Carbon-12 is the many widespread isotope of carbon and also has actually a mass number of 12. However before, the average atomic mass of carbon discovered on a routine table is slightly more than 12 dallots. Why?
A) The atomic mass does not include the mass of electrons.
B) Some carbon atoms in nature have actually an extra proton.
C) Some carbon atoms in nature have actually even more neutrons.
D) Some carbon atoms in nature have a various valence electron distribution.
9) Which of the following finest defines the partnership between the atoms defined below?
Atom 1 Atoms 2
1 1 H 3 1H
A) They are isomers.
B) They are isotopes.
C) They contain 1 and also 3 protons, respectively.
D) They each contain only 1 neutron.
10) The atomic number of nitrogen is 7. Nitrogen-15 has actually a higher mass number than nitrogen-14 bereason the atomic nucleus of nitrogen-15 contains _____.
A) 7 neutrons
B) 8 neutrons
C) 8 protons
D) 15 protons
11) From its atomic variety of 15, it is possible to predict that the phosphorus atom has _____.
A) 5 neutrons, 5 protons, and also 5 electrons
B) 15 neutrons and 15 protons
C) 8 electrons in its outermany electron shell
D) 15 protons and 15 electrons
12) Fluorine has actually an atomic variety of 9. Which of the complying with would you execute to a neutral fluorine atom to complete its valence shell?
A) include 1 electron
B) add 2 electrons
C) rerelocate 1 electron
D) Nothing. If fluorine is neutral, it has a complete valance shell.
13) Magnesium has actually an atomic variety of 12. What is the most steady charge for a magnesium ion?
A) a +1 charge
B) a +2 charge
C) a -1 charge
D) a -2 charge
14) Refer to the figure over (initially 3 rows of the periodic table). What aspect has properties most similar to carbon?
15) How many kind of neutrons are present in the nucleus of a phosphorus-32 (32P) atom (view the number above)?A) 15 B) 16 C) 17 D) 32
16) How many type of electrons will a single atom of sulhair via no charge and also no bonds have actually in its valence shell (view the number above)?
17) Based on electron configuration, which of the facets in the number above would exhilittle bit a chemical actions most like that of oxygen?
18) Which one of the atoms presented would certainly be a lot of most likely to form a cation with a charge of +1?
19) Which among the atoms displayed would be a lot of most likely to create a cation through a charge of -1?
20) Oxygen has an atomic number of 8 and also most typically, a mass variety of 16. Thus, what is the atomic mass of an oxygen atom?
A) roughly 8 grams
B) around 8 daltons
C) around 16 grams
D) about 16 daltons
21) If you change the variety of neutrons in an atom, you create _____.
A) a cation
B) an anion
C) an isotope
D) a various element
22) Can the atomic mass of an aspect vary?
A) No, it is resolved. If it alters at all then you have actually formed a various facet.
B) Yes. Adding or losing electrons will certainly substantially adjust the atomic mass.
C) Yes. Adding or losing protons will certainly adjust the atomic mass without forming a various facet.
D) Yes. Adding or losing neutrons will certainly change the atomic mass without forming a different aspect.
23) Which of the complying with is the ideal summary of an atom"s physical structure?
A) An atom is a solid mass of material.
B) The pwrite-ups that form an atom are equiremote from each other.
C) Atoms are bit bubbles of space via mass concentrated at the facility of the bubble.
D) Atoms are little bubbles of room through mass focused on the outside surface of the bubble.
24) A salamander relies on hydrogen bonding to stick to various surdeals with. As such, a salamander would certainly have the greatest challenge clinging to a _____.
A) slightly damp surface
B) surface of hydrocarbons
C) surface of largely carbon-oxygen bonds
D) surface of largely carbon-nitrogen bonds
25) A covalent chemical bond is one in which _____.
A) electrons are rerelocated from one atom and also transferred to another atom so that the 2 atoms end up being oppositely charged
B) proloads and also neutrons are mutual by two atoms so as to satisfy the requirements of both atoms
C) outer-shell electrons of two atoms are common so regarding satisfactorily fill their particular orbitals
D) outer-shell electrons of one atom are moved to fill the inner electron shell of another atom
26) What is the maximum variety of covalent bonds that an oxygen atom through atomic number 8 deserve to make via hydrogen?
27) Nitrogen (N) is more electronegative than hydrogen (H). Which of the following is a correct statement around the atoms in ammonia (NH3)?
A) Each hydrogen atom has a partial positive charge; the nitrogen atom has a partial negative charge.
B) Ammonia has actually an as a whole positive charge.
C) Ammonia has actually an in its entirety negative charge.
D) The nitrogen atom has actually a partial positive charge; each hydrogen atom has a partial negative charge.
28) Bonds in between two atoms that are equally electronegative are _____.
A) hydrogen bonds
B) polar covalent bonds
C) nonpolar covalent bonds
D) ionic bonds
29) What outcomes from an unequal sharing of electrons in between atoms?
A) a nonpolar covalent bond
B) a polar covalent bond
C) an ionic bond
D) a hydrophobic interaction
30) A covalent bond is likely to be polar as soon as _____.
A) among the atoms sharing electrons is more electronegative than the various other atom
B) the two atoms sharing electrons are equally electronegative
C) carbon is just one of the 2 atoms sharing electrons
D) the 2 atoms sharing electrons are the exact same elements
31) What is the difference in between covalent bonds and ionic bonds?
A) Covalent bonds involve the sharing of pairs of electrons between atoms; ionic bonds involve the sharing of single electrons in between atoms.
B) Covalent bonds involve the sharing of electrons between atoms; ionic bonds involve the electrical attraction between charged atoms.
C) Covalent bonds involve the sharing of electrons between atoms; ionic bonds involve the sharing of protons in between charged atoms.
D) Covalent bonds involve the transfer of electrons between charged atoms; ionic bonds involve the sharing of electrons in between atoms.
32) The atomic number of chlorine is 17. The atomic variety of magnesium is 12. What is the formula for magnesium chloride?
33) How many electron pairs are shared between carbon atoms in a molecule that has the formula C2H4?
34) Which bond or interaction would be challenging to disrupt once compounds are put right into water?
A) covalent bonds between carbon atoms
B) hydrogen bonds
C) ionic bonds
D) ionic and hydrogen bonds
35) Water molecules are attracted to one an additional by _____.
A) nonpolar covalent bonds
B) ionic bonds
C) hydrogen bonds
D) hydrophobic interactions
36) Van der Waals interactions may outcome as soon as _____.
A) electrons are not symmetrically spread in a molecule
B) molecules hosted by ionic bonds react via water
C) two polar covalent bonds react
D) a hydrogen atom loses an electron
37) What is the maximum variety of hydrogen atoms that deserve to be covalently bonded in a molecule containing two carbon atoms?
38) What outcomes from the chemical reactivity shown above? The reactants have actually no charge.
A) a cation via a net charge of +1 and an anion with a net charge of +1
B) a cation through a net charge of -1 and also an anion through a net charge of -1
C) a cation via a net charge of -1 and also an anion with a net charge of +1
D) a cation through a net charge of +1 and an anion via a net charge of -1
39) What is the atomic variety of the cation created in the reactivity illustrated above?
40) What causes the form of the molecule presented above?
A) the form of the 2 p orbitals in the carbon atom
B) the form of the 1 s orbital in the carbon atom
C) the form of the sp3hybrid orbitals of the electrons mutual between the carbon and hydrogen atoms
D) hydrogen bonding configurations in between the carbon and also hydrogen atoms
41) How many type of electrons are associated in a solitary covalent bond?
42) How many electrons are connected in a double covalent bond?
43) If an atom has a charge of +1, which of the adhering to need to be true?
A) It has actually 2 even more prolots than neutrons.
B) It has actually the exact same variety of protons as electrons.
C) It has actually one more electron than it does proloads.
D) It has actually one more proton than it does electrons.
44) Elements found on the left side of the routine table contain outer shells that are _____; these aspects tend to form _____ in solution.
A) practically empty; cations
B) virtually empty; anions
C) practically full; cations
D) almost full; anions
45) An atom has actually four electrons in its valence shell. What forms of covalent bonds is it capable of forming?
A) single, double, or triple
B) single and also double only
C) single bonds only
D) double bonds only
46) When are atoms the majority of stable?
A) once they have the fewest possible valence electrons
B) when they have the maximum number of unpaired electrons
C) once every one of the electron orbitals in the valence shell are filled
D) as soon as all electrons are paired
47) When the atoms involved in a covalent bond have the exact same electronegativity, what kind of bond results?
A) an ionic bond
B) a hydrogen bond
C) a nonpolar covalent bond
D) a polar covalent bond
48) Nitrogen (N) generally creates 3 covalent bonds through a valence of 5. However before, ammonium has 4 covalent bonds, each to a different hydrogen (H) atom (H has actually a valence of 1). What execute you predict to be the charge on ammonium?
49) You need to write down information around a molecule, however must indicate only the form and variety of atoms it includes. Which representation would certainly job-related best?
A) molecular formula
B) structural formula
C) ball-and-stick model
D) space-filling model
50) You should recurrent a molecule to best illustrate the family member sizes of the atoms connected and their interrelationships. Which depiction would work best?
A) molecular formula
B) structural formula
C) ball-and-stick model
D) space-filling model
51) Which of the adhering to is true for this reaction?
3 H₂ + N₂ ↔ 2 NH₃
A) The reaction is nonreversible
B)Hydrogen and also nitrogen are the reactants of the reverse reaction.
C) Ammonia is being developed and also decreated all at once.
D) Only the forward or reverse reactions deserve to occur at one time.
52) Which of the following appropriately describes all chemical equilibrium?
A) Forward and also reverse reactions proceed with no net effect on the concentrations of the reactants and products.
B) Concentrations of assets are better than the concentrations of the reactants.
C) Tbelow are equal concentrations of commodities and reactants while forward and also reverse reactions proceed.
D) Tbelow are equal concentrations of reactants and products, and the reactions have stopped
53) Which of the following appropriately defines a reaction that has actually reached chemical equilibrium?
A) The price of the forward reactivity is equal to the rate of the reverse reactivity.
B) All of the reactants have actually been converted to the assets of the reaction.
C) All of the commodities have actually been converted to the reactants of the reaction.
See more: Den To Dtw (Denver To Detroit) Flights From Den To Dtw ) From $20
D) Both the forward and the reverse reactions have stopped, with no net impact on the concentration of the reactants and the commodities.