False, Shakespeare used comic relief frequently, and was a master at it. He often used a clownish, bumbling type of fool to provide comic relief.
2) C. Dramatic Irony is the type of irony found in Act IV scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet.3) B. False. Comic relief was often used by Shakespeare and it is not limited in his comedies. 4) C. Personification. The tears were given human characteristics.5) C. Personification. Death was given human characteristics.6) B. He is in exile in Mantua7) A. Failure8) B. A funeral song
2) A. Verbal irony 3) B. False - Shakespeare uses comic relief in his works.4) C. Personification 5) C. Personification 6) B. He is in exile in mantua 7) A. Failure8) B. A funeral song
1. He gives her a potion to make her appear dead. The potion actually only made her sleep, in a plan to deceive their families to help Romeo And Juliet be together.
2. Dramatic irony. It happens when the reader knows something that the characters don"t.
You are watching: True or false comic relief is only found in comedies
3. False. William Shakespeare differed from the classical tradition and did actually use comic relief in plays such as Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, The Merchant of Venice and Romeo and Juliet.
6. He is in exile in Mantua. Romeo was exiled to Mantua as punishment for killing Tybalt.
7. Failure. Someone is distraught, meaning distracted and deeply agitated, because of an affliction, a state of pain or distress. Sullen means in ill humor. "Failure" is the word that applies the best, as people are more likely to be sullen because of a failure.
8. Solace. It means to provide comfort in a time of great sadness.
9. A funeral song. It´s a lament for the dead, usually takes place in a funeral rite.
Answer from: alma79
Answer from: joey333
2. verbal irony
Verbal irony is when a person says something but means the opposite. In this scene Juliet says "I love him" but she is not referring to Paris. She"s answering Paris" question about confessing her love for Paris to Friar Laurence. However, she actually is saying that she loves Friar Laurence to get out of lying about her love for Paris. It"s not a romantic love of course since she"s married to Romeo, whom she also loves.
Shakespeare uses comedy in many of his plays. The nurse and Mercutio both offer some comedic relief in this Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet.
4. C. Personification
Personification is giving non human things human-like traits. In this scene, Juliet says, "the tears have got small Victory". This personifies the tears as having the human trait of being victorious.
5. A. Simile
A simile is a comparison between two things using like or as. In this line, Juliet"s appearance after taking the potion is compared to death.
6. B. He is in exile in Mantua.
Romeo has left for Mantua during Act IV. Juliet"s desperate actions during the Act are because of her father"s insistence that she marry Paris immediately.
See more: First Response, White Line On Pregnancy Test First Response ?
7. A. Failure
Sullen has a negative connotation. The only answer choice with a negative connotation is failure.